The city of Shimla in northern India is called the Queen of the Hills. This city is one of the most beautiful cities in India. People from home and abroad come to see the beauty of this city. The weather in this city is quite cold and clear. And the green environment around it doubles the beauty of the city. There are well-arranged horse races in various places by toy train. The city of Shimla is also the capital of Himachal Pradesh.
There are many places in Shimla where you can enjoy the city environment and the fun of hilly roads. If you are planning to visit Shimla for a summer vacation, this is going to be the best decision of your life. And through this article we will discuss some of the places in Shimla where you can have a lot of fun.
1) Mall Road: Shimla Mall Road is a place where all kinds of facilities are available, starting from food and drink. Here you will find bookshops, post offices, banks, clubs, cafes, etc., which will attract you to this place. This place is located in the center of Ukdam in Shimla. It also has beautiful views and is a great place for photography.
2) Manali Hill Station: This place is also known as Kullu-Manali. Manali Hill Station is more significant for the Kapals. Newlyweds often come here to celebrate their honeymoon. People come from far and wide to see the beauty and the white snow here. There are so many beautiful places to hang out here. Many beautiful places to visit in Manali such as Yogini Falls, Manali Gompa, Nehru Kund, Himalayan Ningmapa Buddhist Temple, Himachal Culture and Folk Art Museum, Great Himalayan National Park, Jagatsukh, Hadimba Temple, Manu Temple, Bhrigu Lake, etc. Also good photography can be done here.
3) The Ridge: The Ridge is the iceberg of Shimla. There is a lot of ice sheet spread here. This place is located near Mall Road. The specialty here is that the surroundings and the mountains are covered with snow, which is very beautiful to look at and people love to enjoy this view. So people from home and abroad come here to visit. Most of the time people come here to visit during summer vacation.
4) Summer Hill: This hill is also called Patters Hill. This heel looks very beautiful as it is bound by potters and greens. This place is surrounded by pine and fir trees. It is said that potters make pottery with their own hands. During this time, i.e. April-May, many tourists like to come and go here. Because everyone loves to enjoy the cold weather and beautiful scenery here.
5) Christ Church: The Shimla Church is the second oldest church in India. This church is located in The Ridge area. It was cleared in 1856. It is said that it took 3 years to build this church. The church was featured in the film Three Idiots. This church is decorated with many interesting objects which makes the church look very beautiful. You will be fascinated to see the church, especially at night.
6) Scandal points: This place is located near Mall Road and Ridge. There is a historical story associated with this place. During the British rule, Maharaja Bhupendra Singh of Patiala was very fond of Lord Curzon’s daughter and loved Victoria’s daughter. Due to which Bhupendra Singh, Viceroy Lord Curzon’s daughter, turned around from the scandal point and picked up Viceroy Lord Curzon’s daughter. India’s first profit scandal point incident happened from this place in Shimla, which is why today this place is called Scandal Point. People come from far and wide to see this place and to know more about this story. Kapals in particular come to this place more often.
6) Jakhu Hill: Jakhu Hill is the highest mountain in Shimla. From this hill you can see the beauty of the Himalayas very well. This hill station is one of the main tourist places of Shimla. Most of the Kapals also come here and enjoy the beauty of this place. There is also a famous Hanuman temple on this hill. It is said that Hanuman rested on this hill for a while when he went to fetch Sanjivani Buti for the sign. Even today there are footprints of Hanuman on this hill. And every year Hanuman’s Pujo anniversary is celebrated. So a lot of people come here to visit.
6) Kufri Shimla: This place is rich in extra snow. However, due to the cold, people rarely come now. It is located 13 km from Shimla. However, ice boating is very popular here. The fun of icing boating should definitely be enjoyed here. In addition, the snow cover of the present vegetation due to the snow doubles the beauty of this place.
9) Shimla State Museum: The Shimla State Museum in Shimla houses ancient sculptures, pictures of Mughals and capitals, coins, etc. Here you will find all the information related to history. This Shimla State Museum was built in 1974. The purpose of this museum is to preserve the cultural richness and to provide information related to antiquity. It is located near the ridge and 3 km from Love Scandal Point.
10) Chail Hill Station: This Chail Hill station in Shimla was established by Maharaja Bhupendra Singh. This hill station has a royal house which attracts a lot of tourists. This palace is the center of attraction for tourists. The house is currently being converted into a Heritage Hotel. In addition to this, the highest cricket ground in the world was also built on this hill station. The ground of this hill station was built by Maharaja Bhupendra Singh in 1793 AD. At this hill station, you will see many things related to nature. Even here you will see strange animals and birds. At Chail Hill Station, you will see animals like European Red Deer, Samba, Black Bear, Langur. Besides, there is Chail Wildlife Sanctuary which is quite interesting and beautiful to see. People enjoy this wildlife sanctuary a lot.